Friday, November 19, 2004

Wow! Look what my friend Kay gave me Thursday night!

My friend Kay is someone I first met at church. We have been participating in the 40 Days of Purpose study every Thursday for the past 6 or 7 weeks, and now that we're done with that our small group is still meeting every Thursday to do something together. Right now, we are watching The Gospel of John. We watched the 1st of 3 (I think) DVDs tonight and I look forward to watching the rest of the movie. I crocheted while I listened and watched the movie. What did I crochet, you ask? Well, I bought a leaftlet at Walmart the other day and am crocheting a shawl from the pattern book.



I'm using a yarn that I bought at the R&M Yarn Sale about 5 years ago. I have no idea how to describe what type of yarn it is. However, I can tell you that the color is black and tan. It's like two strands, one of each color, wrapped around each other. So that is what I began. Here is how far I got....only 2 rows so far. :-)



My friend Kay is moving and she gave me some wonderful plants that she is not taking with her. She also gave my girls a wooden rocking chair, a stool, and a Barbie bike seat cover. Kay is such a sweetheart. But what really got my interest was this Lily brand Speed-O-Weave! I've never seen one of these but I like it already! I don't think it's even been used! It came with the metal 'loom' that has to be put together and an instruction book with patterns. I can't wait to play with this. It looks like fun!



I think my 6 year old daughter Kelley wants to play with it, too! ha!ha! The more the merrier!

THANK YOU, KAY! :-)

Oh, and look what my Bookmark Buddy sent to me from the Crochet List Bookmark Exchange...lots of goodies!



Two bookmarks, some Mary Kay samples and sample lotions, 2 pattern sheets and a little book about the Night Before Christmas! I loved it! My 3 year old daughter was sitting on my lap while we were opening it and I asked her what color bookmark did she think was in the package. "Purple!" she replied. And do you know that one of them was all purple with a butterfly applique??? Wow! She immediately claimed it, of course.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

have you played with your loom yet? i have the squeare and hexagon - theya re actually quite a pain in the patootie :)

let me know if you make something from it - i'm interested.