Sunday, September 26, 2004

I need sleep

Ok, so what am I doing sitting here blogging? I have no idea why I'm not snoozing right now. I really need some sleep. But as it is, I'm sitting here reading email on my AOL account and crocheting a poncho for my daughter, Kelley. Yes, I've been bitten by the poncho bug. This morning as my daughter was eating breakfast, she was telling me how cold she was. We have the windows open letting in the fresh 70'ish air. So I told her "I need to make you a poncho! This is perfect weather!" I had printed one off the internet and showed it to her. She said she wanted it in black. I don't have black! I did find some Caron Simply Soft in white, however, and that is what I am working on. The pattern calls for Lion Brand Jiffy. The pattern is also for an adult, but I just used a smaller hook to hopefully get a smaller poncho. I did make sure that the opening fit around her head before I got too far on it. It's a pretty poncho pattern. If you haven't seen it yet, you can find it at the Lion Brand Yarn website or just click here. I took a picture of my WIP but DH has the camera right now so I'll have to wait 'til he gets home to download the pic.

My girls are with their daddy at AWANA right now at church. Kelley, a Sparkie, has learned a lot of scriptures - memorization is really a strong point with her that I did not realize until she began this program. She's going to be getting her red jewel #4 tonight for memorizing John 1:1-4. She gets so excited about the program and her memorization. The teachers there get excited at HER excitement! Jessica, my 3 year old, and a Cubbie in the program, surprised me also by not only learning her short memory verse "God is Love" but also the scripture reference, 1 John 4:8! Wow! I didn't expect that. She's a lot like I was when I was little and is shy. She slowly blossoms, but she does relax once she's in a situation routinely enough or sees familiar people. I'm glad that she is enjoying the program, too. I want them to realize there is a God and that He loves them. If I do nothing else in their lives, I want them to have that foundation upon which to build their lives.

Which reminds me....if you've never checked out this website, Father's Love Letter, you should. Play the short video download. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'll go for now. Weather is windy and rainy, but nothing major. Hopefully Hurricane Jeanne is losing strength.

No comments: