Tuesday, February 8, 2005

To C'ville Secret Pal and others interested about my WishList at KnitPicks


When something just doesn't work right, it bugs me 'til I fix it! Therefore, when I found out my WishList at KnitPicks wasn't coming up for anyone, I had to figure out why. As I thought, the reason it pulls up for me, but not anyone else, is all about "cookies". No, not the ones that you dip in milk and savor...mmmm...gotta get some Oreos. But you know, that technical "cookie" that websites place on your computer when you visit them so they "remember" you. Well, that is the problem. Not a problem for me, but for anyone wanting to check out my WishList. I see my WishList, but noone else does when using the link I provided.

So I think I've got a solution. If you LogIn to KnitPicks using my Login name and password, then you should be able to click on WishList up there at the KnitPicks site and see MY Wishlist. This is the solution KnitPicks suggests when you use two different computers and the "cookie" is in one computer, but not the other. Just log in on the cookie-free computer, and your account should pull up then with all information. To see my Login and Password, put your cursor over the button I put over there in the right column in the table that holds "Crochet Wish List" and my info will pop up for you. I think this should resolve the problem. Of course, I'm interested in hearing if it does not. Then I will just go throw myself on the floor and cry. Naw, just kidding.

Oh, and don't worry, there's no credit card information input into my account. I'm not divulging any top-secret information by letting you in my account. There is an address in there, but hey, that just makes it easier for you, huh? If my Secret Pal should decide to surprise me with anything off my WishList, it might be easier to just log in on my account, print off my WishList, then login via your own account to purchase. Some of the items may be cheaper elsewhere. It is just a WishList and it doesn't HAVE to be purchased from KnitPicks (ssshhhhh....) Case in point, there's a 3-tier basket item I'd like to have. It's $150! (pick yourself up off of the floor....) However, I saw the same thing in a Mary Maxim (I think) catalog for $99. I don't know that I'll ever buy that for myself, but it is something that I fell in love with when I saw it. I've been toying with the idea of re-creating that myself. 'Cause surely I could make something that would be as cute yet functional like that item. Any ideas? (Now, you'll have to go check it out to see what I'm talking about...)

I hope this helps someone. I'm glad to have the problem fixed....I hope.

No comments: