Thursday, March 31, 2005

May she rest in peace now

I am deeply saddened today by the news of Terri's death. But at the same time, I am greatly relieved for her that she doesn't have to endure being starved to death any longer. I am glad for the moments she had with her parents in spite of Michael.

If you think you knew all there was to know about Terri and her situation, but haven't seen her website, perhaps you should take a moment and reflect on it. I've put a button in the right column to take you there. Perhaps you'll be surprised at what mainstream media DIDN'T tell you. I'm not surprised.

What happened here at the end of Terri's life should never happen to another person again. I am not for "assisted suicide" (another smoke and mirrors situation), but gracious, to give her a lethal injection would have been more humane! Criminals given the death penalty are treated better than she was. DOGS are put down more humanely than she was. Can you imagine what would happen in this country if a criminal were starved to death for two weeks? Or a dog was starved to death? You know we treat animals better than we did Terri.

I truly thank the Lord that He has been merciful in allowing her suffering to end. And I know that though she couldn't speak to others like she would have wanted and tried, that she most likely spoke with the Lord daily. I feel certain of that. After all, who else could hear her heart but God. And God is good in spite of man.

No comments: