Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's been awhile...


I can hardly believe it's been a week since I last posted. I don't know why...life just happened. I wonder if anyone missed me.....

I will start off tonight (or rather this morning - it IS 1:30 AM!) by saying I just discovered this cute blog, referred to me by a lady over at YahooGroups' "Crochet Bags", and the blog is here. She has pictures of some of her beautiful felted bags and crocheted bags. Looking at her bags, I'm inclined to try felting one myself! I've never felted before. But she inspires me!

In other crochet news, there is not much to report here. I have done no crocheting or knitting in the past week. Can you imagine that? I did receive some knitting needles from eBay, however. I've been looking for larger-than-size-13 needles. Well, after it was all said and done, I did secure a size 15, two sets actually, one in the 10" length and the other...well, what is the other standard length? I also received a set of Lion Brand needles, size 35, off eBay! I priced them at Lion Brand before bidding, and I think I got them for a way decent price.

The search for larger knitting needles began while trying to work with a certain boucle type yarn I have...I'm trying to knit a scarf for the Crochetville Summer Scarf Swap. The size 8 were getting me nowhere (I'm not a fast knitter), the Clover wooden size 13 needles seemed slow (yarn not sliding easily), so I thought I'd try a 15 or larger in aluminum needles. So I had to buy some. I have the needles...now to try the scarf again. I may give up knitting this project and just CROCHET the scarf!



In other news, I heard from my Crochetville Secret Pal, who shall remain nameless. We both know who she is, but we'll let her pretend to be anonymous a while longer. She sent to me a beautiful postcard of Tower Bridge in London. Seems my German resident has been traveling... Thank you, SP!



Also, I was so pleasantly surprised to be RAOK'd by Cindy through the FibreRAOK ring! She sent some "jewels for my knitting", which is really such a cute way of putting it. I only recently joined the FibreRAOK, and I've already been RAOK'd! Thank you so much, Cindy! These are just lovely and so unique! The machine the postal service uses tried to eat my stitch markers, but they're all here, and only one's beads came loose from it's ring. It's easily repairable, however, and will be reattached. These are so cute, and I thank you for thinking of me.



Is that enough posting for one day, or do you want to hear more? I have a whole week to catch you up on afterall!

Actually, the last bit of news is family-oriented, so you may be excused if you want to catch up on some more knitting and/or crocheting news elsewhere. Thank you for sitting with me a spell!

The first bit of news is that my 10-month-old son, TJ, is starting to really walk on his own now! Not just walking along the edge of the couch, dropping to his hands and knees and crawling across the floor to a new destination. But walking along the edge of the couch, letting go of the couch and TODDLING away from the couch to a new destination!



We were so excited to see him start this new phase of his life...learning to walk! Excited, but bittersweet at the same time. It was the same with each of my children. I love watching them grow and learn, but at the same time, I realize they're leaving a part of themselves behind to go out and try something new. In this case, their babyhood is being left behind. Oh, he's still a baby and will always be "my baby", but you mothers (and daddy's) know what I mean. We love our babies and want to keep them little! But at the same time, we love to see them learn new things and set out on new-to-them adventures. I wonder if my mom remembers the first time I learned to walk? I suppose the next phase after walking is .... RUNNING! Oh my...Don't rush me!

And finally, my oldest daughter has turned 7...goodness, she was just born yesterday! Where did the time go? She is very excited to be 7. She thinks she is so grown up at age 7. I do agree that she is mature and smart for a 7-year-old, but she's still only 7. I have to rein her in sometimes and remind her of that. But I think it's possible that she is much like her momma when I was that age.

For her birthday, we purchased a second computer and have set it up primarily for her use, though her sister is welcome to use it, too. This will make some of Kelley's homeschooling endeavors easier, and Jessica will have games and activities to do, too.





We gave Jessica a gift, too...an Angelina Ballerina doll and storybook. She loves Angelina, but I think she likes Kelley's doll, too. Oh my...guess I know what we'll be getting her for her birthday in June!

No comments: