Thursday, June 2, 2005

A funny from The Vent


The Atlanta Journal Constitution has a "Vent" section for people to call in and vent about the news. Well, a fellow crocheter made the news!

"Nitwit: The lady driving the Audi at the corner of Johnson Ferry and Hammond who crashed while crocheting."

Ok, so it wasn't GOOD news, but it was still a plug for crocheters! And hey, not ALL crocheters are so (k)nitwitted.

Here are some of my other favorite vents for Friday:

The older I get, the dumber young people get. (goodness, do I feel old!)

Men, it is not OK to ask me out at 5:30 a.m. on the MARTA platform! (MARTA is Atlanta's city train/subway transportation)

Honey, I'd like to do something about my balding, but with all the money I'm spending on your shampoo, conditioner, hair dye, hair gel, hair spray, exfoliants, body lotion, self-tanner, Slim-Fast, skin firmers, makeup and lipstick, there's no money left to buy Rogaine.

(and my personal FAVORITE):

Crowning Miss Universe without inviting other planets makes about as much sense as baseball's World Series.

You can read more here.

No comments: