Saturday, September 17, 2005

Another Item for the WishList at KnitPicks


Received an email from KnitPicks indicating that they are donating 100% of the sales of the "Sweet Mary Jane Cardigan" pattern by Celeste Culpepper to breast cancer research. It's a very light and lacy pattern and not what you would normally think of when you hear the word "Cardigan". I think "Button-Up Sweater" when I hear the word "Cardigan". This pattern is nothing like that. Go check it out.

Meanwhile, I have placed the pattern and the yarn on my WishList over at KnitPicks. I don't know when I can get it. Certainly not for another month or more. But I had to put it somewhere to remind me that it's a beautiful pattern and beautiful yarn, 100% merino wool. I chose 4 skeins of the "Sunset" to make mine when I can purchase it. It's only $1.99 for the pattern and a total of $9.16 for the yarn, but money is THAT tight that I can't even afford that right now. I look forward to when I can. Hubby and my wedding anniversary (16 years!) is coming up September 30th so maybe I can convince him to buy me this small gift...

What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous yarn, I love the color! KnitPicks is my favoritest shop of all. =) Sadly, they don't ship internationally which is sad for my knitting but probably good for my wallet. :)

Juli said...

I got some KnitPicks sock yarn from my secret pal, but haven't used it yet. I haven't ordered anything from them yet myself though....yarn diet. :)

Hugs! Juli