Friday, September 30, 2005

A funny


As dusk was falling yesterday, we all went for a short drive around town. Hubby was going to put a few gallons in the car while we were out, so we checked several gas stations. $3.19 right around the corner from us, $3.05 up at the Interstate for 5 stations, $3.19 for another, and one lone, not-so-attractive station had gas for $2.89 a gallon. Guess where we got gas.

But as for the funny...

While we were driving around, and the sun was setting, we looked at the homes as we drove by, lights illuminating yards, porches, and windows...you know you have to have a clean home if you're going to leave your windows uncovered as night falls and anyone driving or walking by can see in. Well, we enjoy this pasttime, just looking at our neighborhoods, admiring homes, yards, etc. seeing what's changed.

After awhile, I voiced my thoughts and told hubby that taking these short drives around town looking at everyone's homes was a good thing 'cause it made me want to go home and clean something. Hubby replied "It makes me want to go home and cut the grass and do yard work." And without missing a beat, 7 year old Kelley is heard in the backseat "It makes me want to move!"

5 comments:

Juli said...

That's so cute! :) I like looking at people's flowers and landscaping. It always makes me want to come home and do some weeding....lol. I haven't had time to do much with the yard this summer.

Gas is back up to $3-something here too. Sigh. When it costs more than $30 to fill up a SATURN, fuel prices are just ridiculous! I can't even imagine how people who drive SUVs and trucks can afford it. Yikes!

Jenn said...

Gas prices sound likeyou are here in California!

Kids come up with the funniest things....last night my 4 year old took a bite of dinner and said "This is awful, what did you put in it?" and then ate it all....

Anonymous said...

you don,t dare post without my permission

Juli said...

I just aw on Kelley's blog that it's your anniversary and Tommy's birthday.

Happy Anniversary to you! Happy Anniversary to you! Happy Annivesary Karla and Tommy...Happy Anniversary to you!!! :)

And a very Happy Birthday to your hubby too!! :)

Hugs! Juli

Unknown said...

Your gas prices are like ours out here on the West Coast! Kids say the darndest things don't they? ;)