Monday, December 5, 2005

Angels Everywhere


My how time flies. It's been over a week since my last post. I've been busy, though I haven't shared the details. Mostly been busy worrying! But worry never changed anything, so I'm trying to learn to stop worrying! Income is nonexistent here presently, and while I know that will change, it's hard waiting for the processes that have to happen TO HAPPEN.

We had a yard sale this past weekend. I was going to only do the one day, Friday, but a cousin who was having it with me asked if I'd keep it going through Saturday and she'd watch it Saturday. So it was a Friday and Saturday yard sale and while Friday was the day I sold most of my stuff, the two days netted my family about $400! That was nice! It felt so good to have some money again! But my balloon quickly burst when I was reminded that there were bills to be paid and we used that money to pay those bills. Oh, I'm happy we made the money, and I'm happy we were able to pay some bills, but still. It would've been nice to have that money free and clear.... you know what I mean, I'm sure.

Well, still trying not to worry because we're cashless again. I told hubby I enjoyed that yard sale so much (it was my first, can you believe it?!) that I'd like to have one EVERY month! Ha ha ha!

This post is about angels, though. Today's mail brought a wonderful surprise. Two actually. One friend in Seattle - Sue - sent a check to us to basically use for the girls. She wanted to send the girls something for Christmas, and opted to send money instead. I was floored to say the least. My mouth dropped open when I saw the check. Wow...thank you, Sue. Your thoughtfulness and attentiveness to my daughter Kelley, especially, has really touched me. She loves to email you and write to you. And I love to watch your friendship blossom. Thank you for this gift.

Sue was not the only one thinking of us. Seems another angel has struck. This one is anonymous, but I feel pretty certain that she must read my blog. Or perhaps some crochet list we're both on...She has struck before with a Walmart gift card and she has struck again. My goodness, I don't know what to say. I know it's fun to be anonymous, but I sure would LIKE TO KNOW WHO IS GIFTING ME! I just feel I have to say "Thank you!" in "person"! Well, if you decide not to reveal yourself, just know that your generosity brings me to the brink of tears. I can hardly believe a stranger would send me a Walmart gift card, but to do it TWICE??? Ok, maybe "stranger" is the wrong word, anyway. Obviously this is a friend. And most likely an online friend. But I don't recognize the handwriting or the postmark, though I'm racking my brain to try to figure it out. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your thoughtfulness. You have really touched me and my family with your giving spirit.

Isn't this world made nicer by people like these two? Oh, I know they're not the only ones who extend such generous hands to others, but they're the two in my world right now and I just had to tell you all about them. People like this make the world a much nicer place to live in and remind me that truly God is looking out for us, and when we listen, He works through us to bless others. I've been certainly blessed.

Thank you, Friends!

No comments: