Tuesday, May 30, 2006

JULI'S BOOKMARK EXCHANGE



Juli is hosting a Book and Bookmark Exchange. Sounded fun so I joined up (as if I needed anything else to do!) The gist of the exchange is to swap a book and bookmark with an assigned partner. The bookmark can be made via whatever craft you enjoy (crochet, knitting, cross-stitch, plastic canvas, sewing, painting maybe?, etc.) Check it out if this interests you!

Meanwhile, here are my answers to the Swap Survey:

BOOKMARK SWAP SURVEY:

1. What genre of books do you enjoy most? (i.e. mystery, romance, horror, historical, biographies, autobiographies, fantasy, sci-fi, etc)
My favorite genre is Contemporary Christian Fiction, books published by Bethany House, Tyndale, Zondervan, to name a few. I also enjoy hobby/craft books and autobiographies and history. I like mysteries, too, without the violence and gore.
2. What sort of bookmarks do you like best? (long, short, lacy/elegant, fun/cute, corner, tasselled, etc)
My favorite bookmarks are lacy and elegant. I also like bead embellished bookmarks. However, I know I would love receiving ANY type of bookmark!
3. What are your favorite colors?
My favorite colors are jewel tones such as sapphire blue, emerald green, and ruby red. I also like the combination of pink and black. Ivory or cream, white, and burgandy are a few other colors I'd love to receive a bookmark in.
4. Are there any colors you don't like?
Brown and black would probably be my least favorite color, but I don't "dislike" them. With creativity and imagination, those colors can make a wonderful bookmark, too.
5. What sort of "theme'' would you like your bookmark to be?
Hmmm...can't think of a "theme". Elegant and lacy would be the "theme" I would choose. :)
6. Are there any "themes'' that you wouldn't like??
Yes, there are themes I wouldn't care for. Halloween themed bookmarks (ghosts, jack o' lanterns, witches, skulls, etc.) or Harry Potter themed bookmarks would not be my favorite.
7. Can you send internationally?
I can if necessary.
8. If your partner wants to send along extra goodies (like tea, candy, cocoa, etc), what do you enjoy? And is there anything you don't like/can't have??
My partner may feel free to send whatever they'd enjoy sending.
9. What crafts are you going to use to make your bookmarks? Is there a particular craft type you would like to receive? (knitted bookmarks, plastic canvas, etc)
My bookmarks will probably incorporate, crochet, knitting, and beading or other types of embellishments. I would love to receive knitted, crocheted, beaded or cross-stitched bookmarks. Actually, I'd love to receive whatever my partner and their imagination could create!

2 comments:

Tina said...

That sounds like fun! (Like I need anything else to do either) Can anyone join?

amysue said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog and by the way Westerfield has the third book in the series out now called, Specials.

I love reading and collect bookmarks so this will be a fun swap!