Friday, December 29, 2006

COLORSWAP QUESTIONAIRE ANSWERED



I just realized after looking at Juli's blog, that I had not answered the questionaire for Ranee's Colorswap. Well, here are my answers!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am not a yarn snob, though I love the natural fibers. I use Red Heart in afghans and Lion Brand in various projects, too. I'm easy going and pretty much love everything except "ITCHY!" :)

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do not spin yet, though I'd like to learn. Crochet is my first love. And I taught myself to knit back in 1998.

3. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love anything to do with paper and ephemera, origami, card-making, scrapbooking...Plus anything to do with threads and yarn such as sewing, cross-stitching, in addition to crocheting and knitting.

4. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? My favorite yarns to work with are soft yarns...anything soft! I love to work with cotton, too.

5. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Hmmm...can't think of any fibers I don't like. As long as it's not stiff, hard or itchy, I like it all!

6. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I have no knitting obsessions though I would like to learn to cable and also lace knitting.

7. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I enjoy knitting the simple things right now, scarves, dishcloths...I am intimidated at the thought of knitting a sweater.

8. What are you knitting right now? Nada

9. Are you a sock knitter? I haven't tried sock knitting yet.

10. What's your favorite color? My favorite color is Fuschia (hot pink), but I also like most jewel tones (cobalt blue, emerald green, ruby red...), I like burgandy and hunter green and also lime green!

11. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes.

12. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No allergies, but prefer not to receive anything with smoke infused in it. Pet hair I can handle as long as it's not very obvious.

13. Do you have any religious prohibitions or restrictions? I am a Christian, so I welcome anything referring to the Lord Jesus Christ. Anything inspirational without being overtly denominational.

14. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) My favorite scent is Peony in candles or bath products. Pretty much any floral scent. Also for candles I enjoy apple pie scents or cinnamons. I also like floral scents for candles.

15. Do you burn candles? Yes, all kinds...the ones in jars, the tarts that go over a burner, the tapers and pillars....my favorite candles are made from beeswax.

16. Do you have a sweet or salt tooth? Yes, 28 sweet teeth to be exact! I also like salty at times, but I'm a sweets girl.

17. Do you drink coffee, tea or cocoa? I drink sweetened tea, and I like hot chocolate/cocoa. I am not a coffee drinker, but if I were sent some I'd just pass it on to my hubby! :)

18. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married for 17 years. We have 3 children, 2 girls and a boy, ages 8-3/4, 5-1/2 and 2-1/2 respectively (had to put those fractions in there! Birthdays coming up in April and June!) We have one indoor cat and an outdoor dog.

19. What are some of your favorite things? My favorite things are yarns and threads and any knitting and crochet tools and notions, lambs and sheep items, green frogs, ladybugs, dragonflies, waterfalls, rainbows, snowflakes, postcards and postage stamps.

20. Is there anything that you collect? I collect anything mentioned above in question 19! Right now I am especially into lambs and sheepy things and SNOWFLAKES!

21. What is your favorite holiday? Hmmm...I like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Valentines Day.

No comments: