Saturday, January 20, 2007

THE CROCHET DUDE WAS ON THE TUBE!



Yesterday morning while I was watching HGTV (I love to sit down and begin my viewing at 10:30 am with "Scrapbooking", then "Knitty Gritty", and then "Uncommon Threads", and also "Creative Juice"), I had stepped to the kitchen, or was taking care of my children's requests, or something or other, only to return to see a woman (I have since learned that this was Pam) crocheting a hat with some thick cording or hemp-like material. Then the camera landed on this dude and I did a double-take..."Hey! I know that guy!" It was none other than Drew, The Crochet Dude! I went to his blog to say "Hi!" and then saw his post announcing his national debut. Well, doggies! Congratulations, Drew!

It's so nice to see people you "know" on TV even if you really don't know them except through the internet. That counts, doesn't it? A couple of weeks ago, the same thing happened when Regina with Monster Crochet was featured on Uncommon Threads. I thought I recognized her a bit, especially when she was introduced as someone who crocheted eyeballs...oh yeah, I knew who the hostess was talking about then. I'll never forget my first introduction to Regina's website...crocheted eyeballs! When the hostess mentioned her name, Regina, and her website, "Monster Crochet", I said the same thing then: "Hey! I know her!"

I am looking forward to being surprised with more "acquaintances" being featured on these crafty shows, because I remember several crochet friends mentioning in the past that they were taping shows. Maybe now that some of the DIY shows are landing on HGTV, I'll get to catch some of 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tuning in! :)

LadyLinoleum said...

Yeah Karla, I'm with Drew! Thanks so much for taking the time to watch us!