Friday, November 23, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2012!

I hope everyone in the USA had a nice Thanksgiving Day!  This year, I spent it at home with my hubby and 4 children and we had the traditional roast turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, roasted red potatoes and rolls.  I've never been a big fan of cranberry sauce so I don't serve it.  But of course if anyone in my family expressed an interest in it, I would serve it. :)  I also served Key Lime Pie, Sweet Potato Pie and Apple Pie a la mode (with a scoop of vanilla ice cream).  It was all delicious!  Surprisingly noone fell asleep afterwards!

I called my parents to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving.  It appears they were taking it easy this Thanksgiving, too, but were invited by some of their neighbors to dinner in town.  I think it's great that restaurants are open on Thanksgiving Day to serve a turkey dinner.  Many places close on Thanksgiving Day.

This year our town hosted a Thanksgiving Dinner in the Park.  We live in a small town, but what a nice gesture to have dinner in the park!  I think this may have been the first year that our town has done that as I don't recall it occurring last year.  So yeah, it was a great Thanksgiving Day.

Now on to the downhill slide towards Christmas!

No comments: