Friday, June 17, 2005

Joann's - Wow!


Today was, I believe, the first time I've ever been in a Joann's store. My mom works in the one in Snellville and while I am up here housesitting, and since I had a 50% off any one item good for Friday only, I decided to find that Joann's store and use that coupon. I didn't know for what item I would use it. When I walked in, there's this Firefly Frenzy sale going on, big percentages off all sorts of craft stuff. Button cards were 50% off. Clearanced items were 50% off their clearance price! I had to stop myself from loading up a basket full of all sorts of goodies. I mainly wanted to check out their yarn stash and I was quickly being sidetracked.

When I did finally make it back to their yarn stash, I suddenly was humming a tune "I'm in heaven, oh I'm in heaven" and while I couldn't remember the other words to that song, I did remember "I'm in heaven". I loved the yarn selection. All that Lion Brand yarn! Of course, it was also very pricey and I did not buy any. I did however find a bin of yarn that was marked 50% off the clearance price, so I bought 3 skeins of various cotton. I believe I paid $3.50 for 3 skeins of cotton. I'll post a picture later because while I thought my dad would have his cable here where I could download my pictures, I believe he took it with him on his trip to Maine! augh! Oh well. I do remember that I bought a skein of Lion Brand cotton in white, some Red Heart in a variegated color, and some Bernat (I believe) in a lavender. All 3 of those nice brands for $3.50!

I did find a wonderful selection of craft books and magazines in this store. Again, "heaven". So many knitting books and crochet books that I had been wanting were right here in front of me! And I was lamenting over the fact that they were $20 and $25 each! Ok, I'm slow. It suddenly dawned on me "Hey! You have that 50% off coupon!" Duh! So guess what I bought for myself? I have been wanting, ever since it came out, Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet and I bought it! A $25 book for only $12.50! That made my day. I also had another 50% off coupon (one from a Joann's email I received and one from the store flyer) and used that to buy my 7 year old daughter a crochet book. I think it will inspire her to learn. I let her buy the book all by herself at a separate register so she could use the 2nd 50% off coupon. She loves to do things like this 'by herself'. Miss Independent. She's precious!

So I finally made myself leave and only committed $30 worth of damage between two books, 4 cards of buttons, a small basket, 2 silk flower bunches (for the girls!), 3 skeins of yarn, and 3 small velvet/marker crafts (also for my girls). I was impressed!

I still find it hard to believe that I finally acquired Donna Kooler's book. I really love it.

Now tomorrow is the 2nd day of the sale, and I have another 50% off coupon good only for that day on any one item. There's a Knitting Bible I've been looking at.... Oh, plus the store is having a Kids Camp craft with sand art from 10 am to 12 pm that I thought I'd let the girls do. I don't know what they'll be making but it's free and they get to bring home whatever it is! Sounds fun!

Gotta go! TJ is awake and I bet he's a hungry boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and aunt petra works at joanns in conyers