Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Trying my hand at "designing"


Ok, I'm not trying anything on a grand scale, but I made my daughter Kelley a poncho and hat set for her Bitty Baby doll. I ran out of the main yarn (lime green color) while making the hat, but I improvised by just using a contrasting yarn (hot pink) to fill in the top of the hat. Then I edged the bottom of the hat in this same Fun Fur. And also took the Fun Fur around the nape of the poncho. I think it turned out cute. I hope Kelley will like it, too, when she sees "Katie" tomorrow. :)

I think I will work the poncho and hat set up again in another color and write out the directions as I go. Perhaps others out there would like something like this for their daughter's dolls? ...

I'll have a picture later. Digital camera needs recharging. For some reason my docking station is not working in the recharging dept. It still transfers photos to my computer, but won't recharge the camera! ugh...

No comments: