1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I have no "brand" favorites. I love all types of yarns and threads. I especially love soft yarns and 'fuzzy' yarns. There are none that I can think of that I don't like.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my hooks and needles in vases and display them on the surface of my console TV in my living room. I display them like art because they make me happy!
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have only been knitting since 1998 and consider myself still a beginner. I knit so infrequently preferring to pick up a hook and crochet as I was taught that art when I was 6 years old. I love to knit, too, when I get around to picking up the needles.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wish list. I believe one could visit the site and search for Wish Lists using my name and come up with mine.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) My favorite scent is Peony. I also enjoy Roses and most any flower fragrance. Vanilla is another favorite candle scent along with cinnamon and/or apples.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? No, I do not have a sweet tooth...I have 28 sweet teeth! I enjoy most any chocolate candies (except dark chocolate). Hershey's w/almonds is my favorite. I enjoy Kisses, too. Outside of chocolate, I enjoy Peppermints.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I do not spin though I have wanted to learn, perhaps with a drop spindle initially. I crochet heavily. I also enjoy cross-stitching. I'd like to learn to needle tat.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) My preference in music is Contemporary Christian music. I also enjoy classical music. Morningsong.org has music that I enjoy. My computer can play CDs.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favorite color is Fuschia. I also love the rich jewel tones like Royal Blue, Emerald Green, Cherry Red. I like pastels also. And Fall tones. Orange and Browns are actually my least favorite colors unless the colors are incorporated with other Fall shades. Other than that, I love most any color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a husband of 17 years in September. Rather we will have been married 17 years. He's not 17 years old! We have 3 children, 2 girls ages 8 and 5 (on June 23) and a boy who will be 2 on June 8th. We have 1 indoor cat and an outdoor dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, I will wear any of these items if they're given to me. I especially like ponchos and scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? At this time, my most favorite item to knit is a scarf or dishcloths. Something simple!
13. What are you knitting right now? Nothing on the needles.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Oh yes, I love to receive handmade gifts! There is such love in just the time taken to make something for someone. I can appreciate that.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? No preferences at this time. I feel I don't use any of them enough to have an opinion. I've heard circulars are fun to use.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I do have a yarn winder though not a swift.
17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself to knit back in 1998 when I was pregnant with my first child. I loved the drape of the knit fabric and loved the sweaters and little children's clothes out there and decided that I must teach myself to knit so I could make these items. So I taught myself to knit...I just never got brave enough to try a little child's item and definitely am too intimidated to try a full-blown woman's sweater!!
18. How old is your oldest UFO? My oldest UFO is probably 10 years old.
19. What is your favorite holiday? I'm not much into "holidays" but I enjoy Valentine's Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas the most.
20. Is there anything that you collect? I enjoy collecting postcards, postage stamps, bookmarks, stickers, stationary, sheep anything, green frog anything. I also enjoy dragonflies, ladybugs, and butterflies.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have no knitting magazine subscriptions at the moment. I enjoy Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting, but can't afford them at the moment. There's nothing I'm dying to get my hands on that I can think of. Oh yes there is. Let me see if I can find the title...it's a long knitting book that has a rose colored garment or edging of a garment on the cover and the rose colored garment has knit roses on it...it's a series of books put out by Vogue I believe. I love it and its sequel. I'll have to find the titles and edit this post when I do...
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'd like to learn cabling. And knitting lace. Outside of knitting, I'd like to learn to needle tat and spin yarn.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I haven't tried knitting socks yet. My foot measurement is 8-1/2".
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) My birthday is 01/25.