Monday, October 15, 2012

SWAP-BOT SWAPS (an old post from 2006!)

I found this "draft" of a post from 2006...I don't know why I didn't post it at the time.  But it looks like an interesting post so I post it 6 years later!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following are pictures of swaps I've received through Swap-bot. I've thumbnailed all the pictures in the interest of space, but if you click on them, you'll get a larger image.

~~Wise Words Postcard Swap~~


This is the first postcard I received for this swap and it came from Amylyn in California. Besides handmaking her card, she wrote these "wise words" by Confucius:

"The man of wisdom is never of two minds;
the man of benevolence never worries;
the man of courage is never afraid."

Now I'm not sure that the man of courage is never afraid. There is certainly room for fear in a courageous man. A courageous man simply doesn't let fear rule him, but rather his determination. Lovely quote, however.


This postcard of Porto, Portugal was sent by Marlene C. in Portugal. The "wise words" she quoted were by Bertramd Russell:

"The trouble of the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

I got a chuckle out of this one. Perhaps because I saw some truth in it.



This postcard of the Cherry St. Bridge, Showing Draw Open, in Toledo, Ohio was from Ashley, also from California. She quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"Cards were at first for benefits designed, sent to amuse, not to enslave the mind."

Although the context of this quote was most likely referring to card games, Ashley thought it was fun to think about this quote in the context of our postCARD swap. And I have to agree. These postcards should amuse our minds, but I fear the collecting of them, and desire for more of them, might indicate rather an enslavement.


~~"Postcard Addicts" Swap~~

In this swap, we were required to send two postcards to five partners.




These two cards were from Amy in Wisconsin.





These two were from Marie in Missouri.





These two were from Heather in Florida.

No comments: