Sunday, December 23, 2012

TINSEL TREE SURPRISE!

Yesterday I was viewing GeorgiaPeachez's beautiful holiday decor pictured on her blog, and I LOVED the silver tinsel tree she had pictured.  Strangely, when I was young, I liked nothing silver.  Nothing!  In jewelry, it had to be gold - I thought silver jewelry was boring.  No gray clothing.  No gray paint.  Nothing!  Yet now, at age 44 years, I love silver anything!  Silver/gray paint, silver jewelry, and silver Christmas trees!  So seeing GeorgiaPeachez's tree I just melted inside.  Soooo beautiful!  I wished I had a silver tree....

And then today I was looking through totes of Christmas decor I had packed up from last year, and in the bottom of a box I found a 2' fiber optic tinsel tree...in SILVER!  Wheeeeee!  I only VAGUELY remember getting this tree last year.  Or did someone give it to me...I can't remember.  But I don't remember even using it last year!  It is supposed to have an adapter, since it is a fiber optic tree, but it was not in the box.  So I'm not sure if someone gave this to me or I bought it at the thrift store after Christmas...Regardless of how I obtained it, imagine how THRILLED I was today to discover that I - *I* - had a SILVER tree!  Ah, simple joys.

I'll get a picture uploaded soon to share with you.   Here's that picture I promised!

 
I didn't decorate it this year, but maybe next year I will have some vintage ornaments to add.  I'd like to find some pink or turquoise or lime green ornaments.  Did they make those colors "back then"?  Whenever THAT was.

No comments: